TRAIN LIKE A PRO...IN A FAMILY FRIENDLY GYM!
THERE ARE NO OVA CLASSES FALL 2020
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
THERE WILL NOT BE OVA CLASSES OFFERED FALL 2020
HOW TO ENROLL: There will be NO OVA CLASSES OFFERED FALL 2020
- CURRENTLY ENROLLED STUDENTS must register with Bullz Boxing during the enrollment period - Please call Bull 248-296-4321 or Maria 586-201-6573
- NEW STUDENTS - Please call Bull 248-296-4321 to get on the registration sheet. However, you MUST complete membership/waiver at BULLZ BOXING CLUB prior to first class.
- STUDENTS NOT ENROLLED WITH OVA MAY REGISTER FOR THESE CLASSES AS PRIVATE PAY ($240/STUDENT)
- IF OXFORD SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER (or for ANY OTHER REASON) SO ARE WE!
- NO WET SHOES IN THE GYM!!!! IF IT IS RAINING OR SNOWING PLEASE BRING SHOES TO CHANGE INTO.
REQUIREMENTS: Gloves and hand wraps are required for the first class. We offer professional gloves and wraps at a discounted price of $50. If you have your own you must show them to Bull PRIOR to the first class for approval - SAFETY is a top priority. Please wear comfortable clothing and gym shoes.
Sparring WILL NOT be required. These classes are NON-CONTACT
By the end of the semester, students should be able to execute a sequence of punches as directed, learn to protect themselves, have proper weight distribution for foot work, understand the difference in punching bags and how to use them, learn history of the sport.
*Bull is SafeSport Training Certified
WHY CHOOSE BOXING????
Learn the art of boxing from a professional boxer! Each class taught by "Bull" himself.
GREAT for cardio conditioning/weight loss/self defense/CONFIDENCE
PERFECT cross training to enhance performance in other sports
ENCOURAGES discipline and focus
ENHANCES hand/eye coordination
Students will be instructed in the fundamentals of boxing including mitt work, foot work, core conditioning, punching heavy bags, speed bags, and double end bags.
Boxing instruction will teach students how to throw several types of punches. These punches include the jab, cross, hook and uppercut. By learning to throw these with correct body mechanics produces the most speed and power which will be used in more complex combinations and defensive maneuvers. The importance of both punching and footwork in boxing is to improve coordination, balance, and focus. Improved physical health and improved performance in the gym or on the field will build confidence. In addition, when concentrating on footwork or just punching a bag, extreme focus is required. This can translate into better focus in daily life.